[horde] Nice problem, getting to like Horde, cross post

Tony Earnshaw tonni at billy.demon.nl
Mon Dec 9 00:33:42 PST 2002

man, 2002-12-09 kl. 05:24 skrev Chuck Hagenbuch:

> > 1: OpenOffice.org is looking for groupware and reading
> > users at groupware.openoffice.org is rather like watching a mentally
> > disturbed dog chasing its own tail. Does anyone know if OOo is working
> > with Horde?

> What does this mean? Or what *would* it mean?

As shortly as possible: No doubt you've heard of StarOffice
6/OpenOffice.org 1.0. For those that haven't, they're a cross-platfom
alternative to MS Office and open source.

The OpenOffice.org (OOo) people decided a few months ago that it would
be a good idea to have a groupware suite. Only no-one can decide what's
necessary or how to do it. Following the discussion on this, on the
above list, is like watching the dog quoted above. Everybody seems to
have his (there are no hers) own idea, the arguments go round in circles
and nothing happens.

Among the alternatives Horde seems pretty good to me as cross-platform
groupware, and surely I can't be the onlt OOo user to think so.However,
I've not noticed it suggested, therefore my question if any of the OOo
people are working with Horde to realize what's wanted. The only minus,
that Ximian's working on, is MS Exchange (MS APIs) compatibility - but
Ximian's offering is not cross-platform.

Best,

Tony

--

Tony Earnshaw