[horde] If using IMP authentication, how do you perform groups and user security

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Mon Dec 9 06:51:25 PST 2002

> Quoting Taylor Dondich <tdondich at majiknetworks.com>:
>
> > I don't know if this is possible
> > because without doing horde authentication, you can't create groups and
> > such.
>
> I'm not sure what you mean by this. Unless I'm really missing something,
> this is just wrong.

There is a common misunderstanding which assumes if you tell Horde to
authenticate via IMP, you are not doing Horde authentication.  In fact, when
you tell Horde to authenticate via IMP, the result is both a Horde and an
IMP authentication, not just an IMP authentication.  In other words, IMP
will do the Horde authentication on behalf of Horde.

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics

Why get even? Get odd!