[horde] Fwd: Theme on Logout Screen

Rick Emery rick at emery.2y.net
Sun Dec 15 08:58:44 PST 2002

> I still didn't try the hook but setting and locking the preference in both
> horde and imp worked fine for me. I con't recall the whole thread but wasn't
> that what you were looking for?
>
> Jan.

Not exactly, but you have helped me fix my problem; I was making it more
complicated than it was.

I wanted (as the administrator) to set the theme for the login and logout pages,
but allow the user to select the theme for the other pages. By using a hook for
the theme (even though the comments in hooks.php discourage it), I was able to
set the login screen theme, but the logout screen wasn't using it. Reading your
post caused me to realize that I had been editing horde/config/prefs.php, but
not horde/imp/config/prefs.php.

All I needed to do was set the "value" of the theme to my choice in *both* horde
and imp without locking the preference, and now it works as I wanted; the
default theme is set to my choice, but the user can change the theme to his/her
choice, while the login/logout screens retain my choice (the default). I was
even able to remove the hook.

In short, what I was missing was that the imp prefs file needed to be changed as
well as the horde prefs file.

I cannot sufficiently express my gratitude, so I'll just say "Thanks!" and move on.

Rick