[horde] Hord and ldap

Tony Earnshaw tonni at billy.demon.nl
Mon Dec 16 09:05:13 PST 2002

Linux, PHP4.2.3, Horde CVS HEAD (all 9 production modules), PEAR CVS
HEAD.
Openldap 2.1.8, BDB 4.1.24, LDAPv3 (schemacheck on) directory server
that works fine for everything, has all my users and contacts in it.

Anyone I can compare ldap notes with?

I had (and still have available) a MySQL backend for everything except
Turba, which has always been ldap. That works fine, no problems (thanks
to people on this list).

I've spent the day on work in progress converting from MySQL to a 100%
Openldap backend and it's time to give up for today. Why ldap, not SQL?
because of client Novell Netware eDirectory networks, iPlanet and
others.

I've found out that with an evolutionperson.schema I can't use the
hordePerson objectClass (both schemas are structural with a common
superior), so I've bunged all the horde attributes into the
evolutionperson.schema (which, by the way, has been decried byt the
Evolution hackers) and that works (amazing, but true). I've given the 9
Horde modules Evolution attribute numbers and kept the syntax (increased
the attribute size from 1024 to 4096).

I can authenticate to Horde with the imp driver and most things work,
but no way with the pure ldap driver. So Chuck's composite driver (see
this list, yesterday) doesn't work, though it would if the ldap driver
worked (the error is that the $conf['auth']['params'] array, the first
of which is hostspec, is not being propagated) to lib/Auth/ldap.php.
Even without Chuck's advised mod.

Chuck, I understand your suggested mod perfectly and know how it works,
and where to put it /split it up in conf.php.

As I said, I'd like to compare notes with anyone who uses ldap for
production.

Best,

Tony

--