[horde] horde setup - Help - Help - Help - Help

s-beutel at gmx.de s-beutel at gmx.de
Mon Dec 23 10:44:49 PST 2002

> Warning: write failed: No space left on device (28) in Unknown on line 0
>
> Warning: Failed to write session data (files). Please verify that the
> current setting of session.save_path is correct (/tmp) in Unknown on
> line 0

The above is a php error, not horde's fault. session.save_path is set in
your php.ini. It looks like you're working with disk quotas (which file
system?), and the user apache is running as has no quota for that drive (or there is
really no space). Permission error is less likely, but worth a cross-check,
too.

> I am using apache 2 with ssl.

AFAIRC the use of apache is still in a test phase. Especially SSL errors are
very much likely. Just for testing purposes, a downgrade to a more stable
version might be worthwhile (nothing to say against the apache guys, and
version 2 is certainly the way to go, but if you wanna work on horde/php, a stable
server might make things much easier).

> Please also note that my login also fail with the following error.
>
> Notice: Server disables LOGIN, no recognized SASL authenticator
> (errflg=2) in Unknown on line 0

Need to know how you wanna handle authentication to discuss this further. A
sasl prob was known with cyrus as mail server, due to compatibilty probs with
the c-client lib.

Depending on your auth situation, I'd suggest the following (I guess you
don't want to mess with a database yet, right?):

- let horde handle auth directly with IMP (see /horde/config/registry.php)
- work trough your /imp/config/conf.php, set $conf['server']['server_list']
= 'none' and all following change options to true (server, port, protocol
etc.).

Now, at login, you should be prompted to enter server, port, protocol etc.
manually. Find the correct settings, and edit your /imp/config/servers.php
appropriately. Furthermore, as long as your mail server is accessible from
outside, you might go to horde's test page and enter these data, trying to login
to your server. Maybe you are lucky with a protocol like
'imap/ssl/novalidate-cert' (don't forget to set the correct port).

Furthermore, enabling error loging is pretty much emphasized - on all
components: horde, webserver, php.

Hope this helps. In case of any more questions, some additional information
about your system is very helpful (which mail server, php version etc.)

King regards.

Sebastian