[horde] IMP 3.1 Horde 2.1 IIS 5.0 is working but the web server stop

arn at scs-net.org arn at scs-net.org
Thu Dec 26 06:00:05 PST 2002

Hello,

I've installed IMP from the horde project on a Windows 2000 server with IIS (no
choice, it's the
customer system).

My configuration
IIS 5.0
Windows 2000 Service Pack 3
PHP 4.4 last developpement version for today
Horde 2.1 (last stable version)
Imp 3.1 (last stable version)
My Sql 3.23.53-max-nt
on a Compaq Proliant ML350 with Dual processor Connection to an IMAP server UW-
IMAP(UNIX, this one)

Everything is working well, except that around once a day, the Web server will
freeze needing a restart.
This webmail is used for an ISP and is under great load (around 10 000
connection per day).

Do you have an Idea where I can find the cause of the freezing ?
No message in the events log (php should log there)
No message in the horde log

a message sent on the IMP mailing list show the same kind of problem on a
LINUX machine
with Apache 1.3.27, PHP 4.2.1, latest production releases of ALL Horde
tools and POSTGRES 7.2.1 on a dual XEON system with 2Gb of RAM and 70Gb HD
space with average around 10,000 connections per day as well

When the server freeze, it will use 70 % of the CPU, whereas it usually use 11%.

Thanks for any help, because I like this webmail and would like to keep it
Regards
Armelle Nedelec
Consultant
Jezz-Net Lebanon