[horde] Re: horde and installation

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Fri Jan 3 19:52:57 PST 2003

Quoting sandro <sdada at web.de>:

> ok i try in english :-)
>
> i witch file i can change the auth method from horde?

horde/config/horde.php  or  horde/config/config.php (depending on your
version of horde)

> i want to use authentification over my mysql database.

Okay.  Edit the appropriate file, and setup the auth params something like:

$conf['auth']['driver'] = 'sql';
$conf['auth']['params'] = array();
$conf['auth']['params']['phptype'] = 'mysql';
$conf['auth']['params']['hostspec'] = 'localhost';
$conf['auth']['params']['username'] = '******';    // see scripts/db/*.sql
$conf['auth']['params']['password'] = '******';    // see scripts/db/*.sql
$conf['auth']['params']['database'] = 'horde';
$conf['auth']['params']['table'] = 'horde_users';

> the script horde/scripts/db/*.sql was running.
> it was created 4 tables:
>
> horde_categories
> horde_categories_categories
> horde_prefs
> horde_users
>
> all tables are emtpy :-(

You will want to insert an username and password into horde_users for
your login.  Username should be ascii text, password should be md5.
Don't use the mysql password() function, but instead a real md5() function
such as php's md5().  For example, you can convert a known ascii password
to md5 with the following php script:

<?php
 echo md5('myPassword')
?>

I think people have been able to use some admin tools (phpadmin or something
like that) also to create accounts in sql.

> i have written in horde_users  in userid and password admin and admin b ut
> noway to login :-(

The password must be in md5() format.

> greetings from germany

And greetings from Texas! :)