[horde] Status on install

René Lund Jensen lundeman at tbkol.dk
Wed Jan 8 05:56:05 PST 2003

Jan Schneider wrote:
>>Some kind of hierarchical menu would be nice, but that smells like DHTML,
>>and I don't know if we want to require that or can come up with something
>>that regresses nicely.
>

> That won't work with the current frameset structure. We could certainly
> circumvent this with proprietary solutions but not cross browser compatible.
> At least not if we do it the "standard" way with a menu opening up from top
> to bottom or vice versa. We need to let the submenu slide from left to right
> inside the menu bar. That probably looks really funky, but I have no idea
> how that deals with usability.

How about this.
Adopting the left menu from Visio, and just applying it horisontally,
insted of vertically.??

It would look something like this:

+-+-+-+-----+-----------+-------+--------------------+-+-+
|A|B|C| Imp | Kronolith | Turba |                    |D|E|
+-+-+-+-----+-----------+-------+--------------------+-+-+

OK.. the idea is that IMP, Kronolith and Turba are all buttons on
submenu 'C'. If I wanna use submenu 'B' I would click on this,
and the 'C-block' would move to the right, and get next to 'D'.
which would reveal the 'B' submenu "underneath".
Likewise... a click on 'D' would move thatone to the left, revealing
submenu 'D'.

This way with A, B, C, D and E we have 5 submenus in this setup.

This is just an idea, and I'm NOT volanteering to do any patches.
(unless I get very borred the next semester...)
(I'm in the middel of my examns, the downside of being a student.)

René Jensen