[horde] module list per users?

eculp at encontacto.net eculp at encontacto.net
Tue Jan 14 09:35:28 PST 2003

 | Quoting Nathan Stratton <nathan at robotics.net>:
 |
 | > I guess I have a few question, first, is there any way to have an admin
 | > assign modules to individual users? Some users could have comics, others
 | > could get network tools and so on. So each user would have a list of
 | > modules they would have access to.
 |
 | Not yet. People keep asking for it and saying it'd be great, but no one has
 | provided a workable patch yet.
 |
 | > The 2nd question is are there any plans to add some sort of realm support
 | > to horde so that you would have different administrators for groups of
 | > users and they could only make changes in there group, each realm would
 | > have a different domain name and so on.
You've probably already thought of the following but if not . . . . .
A very basic type of realm support can be added if you are using virtual
domains by adding an admin user for each domain and adding something like
the following in horde/config/conf.php

$vdomain = strtolower(preg_replace('/^mail\.|^www\./i', '', \
$_SERVER['HTTP_HOST']));

$conf['auth']['admins'] = array('eculp@' . $vdomain, 'admin@' . $vdomain);

That gives admin privileges to admin at thecurrentdomain.com and myself, assuming
that I have an account in that domain.:-)

ed