[horde] Statistics Module??

Michael J. Pawlowsky mikejp at videotron.ca
Wed Jan 15 10:11:49 PST 2003

I've actually wrote quite a few of these. I needed to keep all kinds of data around because the work I was doing fell under FDA regulations.
You have to be able to reproduce snapshots of the a site excatly how it was at any moment of time. So you track every single action on the site.
Every page view for every user, every change etc.
The amount of data builds up pretty fast.

For a system that is not regulated I suppose you could purge data and simply keep totals around.

All the info is all basically stored in the web logs to produce stats.
The only thing that I would like to add is the user name in the logs
which I've done before on Netscape Servers and I imagine can be done for apache also.
It simply meant writing an nsapi to write the logs.

Then it becomes simple matter of grouping the url's into meaningful categories. It also centralizes all the stats in one place.

Mike

On 15/01/2003 at 12:56 PM Chuck Hagenbuch wrote:

>Quoting "Hobbs, Richard" <hobbs at mongeese.co.uk>:
>
>>     Is there any sign of a statistics module for Horde?? I think it would
>> be really useful to be able to get stuff like how many users log into
>> horde per week, when they logged in, how many calendar appointments
>> are being entered, memos being used emails sent etc.....
>>
>> This should all be available within the database, but it is a lot of
>> effort for me to manually pull it out using SQL commands.
>>
>> Is there any stats module currently in any stage of development?? If not,
>> are there any plans to create one?
>
>There is not one in development that I know of; however, I've thought of it
>a few times, and would happily chip in/support it if someone else wanted to
>drive it's creation.
>
>-chuck
>
>--
>Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck at horde.org>