[horde] Statistics Module??

Hans Lellelid hans at appliedsec.com
Wed Jan 15 10:30:03 PST 2003

Seems to me a good way to about gathering the db-level statistics (e.g.
sessions, logins, etc.) would be to use the notification system. A new
"statistics" event and "statistics" listener would take care of actually
writing the statistics to DB -- or flat file or whatever.

So on successful login, for example,  in Auth:

     $notification->push(new StatisticsLogEvent($username, time())),
'stats.login');

And then the listener that handled stats.login would store the information.

The difference, of course, is that this is not very modular -- in that
this would need to be fairly tightly integrated w/ Horde ...

Hans