[horde] Problem with LDAP prefs - hordePrefs

David Kaiser dkaiser at som.llu.edu
Wed Jan 15 16:31:58 PST 2003

I am on CVS HEAD of Horde, Imp, (and most of the other modules)  updated about 3
hours ago.  (Although this behavior has been present for at least a week that I
know of...)

I am using the LDAP backend for my prefs.  The LDAP server is functioning
correctly, and is holding the following attributes: { hordeprefs, impprefs,
jonahprefs, turbaprefs, kronolithprefs, nagprefs, momentprefs, ingoprefs,
samprefs, mnemoprefs, accountsprefs, passwdprefs, forwardsprefs, vacationprefs,
mimpprefs }

I see values in the attributes change frequently, and know that within Imp,
Turba and Kronolith, all settings are retained/recalled properly.  (I haven't
extensively tested the others, but they do update in LDAP at least...)

My main Horde settings however (hordePrefs attribute) are getting munched
somehow.  By using ethereal and watching the LDAP packets, I see that Horde is
asking for and retrieveing successfully 3 values that it never puts back.
summary_refresh_time, show_summaries, & remote_summaries.  In other words, the
original query for the hordePrefs attribute has those values, but they are not
replaced when the hordePrefs attribute is re-written to LDAP.

To Reproduce:
- Log-in.
- (If default app is not horde summary screen, click on Home icon / Horde link)
- Observe that Horde summary screen only contains summary for Inbox.
- Click on Options | Display Options
- Add other entries to summary { Tasks, Calendar }
- Click on Save Options  (and, watch on Ethereal as values for show_summaries
are not replaced to LDAP server)
- Click on Home icon / Horde link.
- Observe that summary screen is correct, based on user-selected options.  Your
other summary entries will be visible.
- Log out, and log back in.
- Summary screen will show just one item in summary...  INBOX.
(When re-logging in, the default is taken from horde/config/prefs.php, and
replaced so that
show_summaries has a value in LDAP.  Because the default value is this:
      $_prefs['show_summaries'] = array(
          'value' => "imp,0",

So.  I have tried to find what would prevent these attributes from getting
re-saved.  Upon looking at function store() in horde/lib/Prefs/ldap.php, I see
that if a pref is Locked, it doesn't get written out.  But, from what I can
tell, those prefs never get locked.

Am I barking up the right tree at least?  Has anyone else seen this?  Did I miss
where it was notified that this was not working in general?

Thanks!
--
David D. Kaiser <dkaiser at som.llu.edu>
dkaiser on #horde at irc.freenode.net
Loma Linda University School of Medicine Information Systems