[horde] Horde can not login.

s-beutel at gmx.de s-beutel at gmx.de
Fri Jan 17 00:42:44 PST 2003

> Hi,
>     According to Eric Rostetter's suggestion, he mentioned about
> /horde/imp/config/server.php. However, I do not install IMP. I don't want
> read email. I want only authenticate user to view my CVS. Must I install
> IMP?
> Regards,
> Theewara

Theewara,

first, I want to apologize for wrong writing your name in my last message.

No, in that case you won't need IMP. But certainly you have to enable IMAP
support within your PHP. In the horde.php (as with stable version), set the
auth driver to 'imap' and define the appropriate array settings (server, port,
credentials) as given in my last message. That should work, except for the
cyrus sasl prob we already discussed (and discussed the possible solutions).
Know that login procedure doesn't differ whether using IMP or not (in fact, it
differs a bit, but this is not the point here - the php modules used for this
ar the same). Thus, IMP's not needed for horde auth againts an IMAP server.

Sebastian