[horde] IMP Login Problem : Couldn't open stream

s-beutel at gmx.de s-beutel at gmx.de
Thu Jan 23 05:28:36 PST 2003

Jordi,

first, please stick to the list for the archives.

I guess you have a TLS problem or so. Know that the IMP test doesn't support
all security layers - it just tries via plain IMAP.

I'd suggest as follows:

-  check all available logs; even your IMAP server should give you some
information if the request reached him but was invalid
-  try a cross-check:
   (1) with your IMP, try to connect to another IMAP server if available
(internet connection, account)
   (2) with another IMP installation (horde's demo site; you might find some
other installations in the web when googling a bit), try to connect to your
IMAP server

In both cases, check the net connection (firewall, proxy?).

Furthermore, you might want to forget about the imp test and go on straight
forward to configuring your IMP. In the conf.php, section mail server
settings, set server_list to 'none' and all following option to true. Now, at login,
you are prompted to select server address, port, protocol etc. Play a bit
'round; this way you will find the settings you'll need.

Kind regards,

Sebastian