[horde] enable UTF-8 then cause these problems

David Chang david at thbuo.gov.tw
Mon Jan 27 06:31:48 PST 2003

?¥?¼???§???¨ Jan Schneider <jan at horde.org>:

> > not
> > >
> > > How did you create the folders? With IMP? With another mail client.
> > >
> > Old folder was created by IMP (which UTF is disable).
>
> Ah, then I bet the folders names were garbled if you viewed them with
> another client?
> Anyway, renaming the folders with IMP or another client should work now and
> create folder names that are viewable by any mail client.
Yes renaming is working,but IMP seems doesn't transfer it automaticly from
zh_TW charset to UTF8.

> > > Yes it is. Did you disable the mbstring settings in php.ini? These
> > aren't
> > > necessary anymore if you enable utf support in Horde and I don't know
> > if
> > > they perhaps interfere.
> > >
> > > Jan.
> > >
> > All setting about mbstring are disable. UTF support is true in
> > horde/config/nls.php
>
> Great, do you still see any other problems, except those we discussed before?
>
> Jan.
Till now here are what i found :
1.When search contacts in Turba with ldap backend.All results no longer in
Chinese format.eg, name,address .
    Here are partial settings in turba/config/source.php
    'server' => 'ldap.example.com',
        'port' => 389,
        'root' => 'dc=test,dc=example.com',
        'bind_dn' => 'cn=root,dc=test,dc=example.com',
        'bind_password' => '******',
        'dn' => array('cn'),
        'objectclass' => 'person',
        'charset' => 'UTF8',
        'version' => 2

2.Turba/Nag/Mnemo/Kronolith export file with incorrect charset format.
3.Could not see Chinese content when import in Turba ,if file are exported from
outlook/express.(Such import/export problems also happen in Nag/Kronolith/Mnemo)
4.In gollem,file name did not look right,if it's original
file name is Chinese format.

David Chang