[horde] Some progress on Mozilla stylesheet problems...

Chris J Albertson alb at chrisalbertson.com
Thu Jan 30 16:52:31 PST 2003

I have been having issues with the stylesheets of horde with my mozilla 1.3a. IE
works fine. After much research on the mailing list archives, I've found that
other people have been having issues. There have been suggestions on how to fix
it, but none of the original posters have replied with any success results.
I tried some of these suggestions and didn't get far.
So, I spent some time and looked deeper into this...

Based on one recco, I changed my php.ini default_charset to "". I left the
text/html alone. This didn't seem to fix anything.
So then, I turned off the stylesheet cache in the main horde config file.
What I then discovered was that a very limited amount of stylesheets worked. The
color ones worked, but the others still did not. (Default worked, green, grey,
etc.) What I really wanted was mozilla.
I found that the html-mozzila.php theme file was not in many of the individual
theme directories of the horde modules. Some modules lacked a themes directory
entirely.
As I started populating these directories with the mozilla php file and fixing
the perms, things started working, module by module. Eventually, the summary
screen worked with all my sections.

I have no idea why IE, Konquerer, etc, all work and mozilla does not. I didn't
get that far. However, I thought I would share my findings with you guys to see
if someone who knew this stuff would find the cause.

Info that may help:
I am using IMP as my default auth application with IMAP.
Horde is my default view after login.
I have not yet turned the cache stylesheets back on yet.
UTF is false in the NSF.php file.
I did clear out my history and browser cache at one point.
I still default to ISO-8859-1

I can now use the mozilla theme in mozilla 1.3a. I am a happy horde user again!

--
Chris Albertson186,300 miles per second. It's not just a good idea, it's the law.