[horde] SQL Sessions

Andrew Morgan morgan at orst.edu
Tue Feb 4 07:39:23 PST 2003

On Tue, 4 Feb 2003, Chuck Hagenbuch wrote:

> Quoting Seb Belcher <seb at sdjb.net>:
>
> > What are the advantages/disadvantages of using SQL sessions?  In general,
> > when should they be used and when not?
>
> The most common case for them is when you have a server farm, but need a
> common session store between them all.
>
> -chuck

That's why we use it here...  I'd like to point out that this puts a
surprisingly large load on a SQL server.  We've got two webmail servers
and a separate server running mysql for sessions and other horde data.  If
you have a server farm, you are probably processing 5-10 sessions per
second or more, which can generate some contention for the sessions table.

Anyways, I don't have any real advice on this, just something to keep in
mind.  :)

	Andy