[horde] Question on Filters

Todd Aiken taiken at ubishops.ca
Tue Feb 4 12:45:25 PST 2003

> Quoting Allodoxaphobia <nobody at jonz.net>:
>
> | Down in the "Rule Definition", one can filter on
> | To: and/or Cc: and/or From: and/or Subject  ...  _and/or Body_ .
> |
> | Now, then, does "Body" include _all_ the headers as well?
>
> >From the documentation:
> BODY -- Messages which contain the specified string in the body of the
> message.
>
> | (Please, PLEASE put RegExp functionality in the filters.)
>
> Patches (this will only work for HEAD, BTW, so patches need to be to
> HEAD)?  Another problem with this is that regexps would require that every
> header be downloaded from every message in the mailbox in order to search
> for regexp in headers.  This loses the benefit of doing searching on the
> server side.

I'm confused.  According to the above email, filtering on regular
expressions is not possible.  But looking back on the imp list archives on
MARC, I find this email message dating 2002-12-17 15:27:12:

--------

> I have Spam Assassin running in conjunction with MIMEDefang. Spam
> Assassin adds extra header items.  Is it possible for users to set
> filters based on these headers... or can they only filter based on
> common fields like... from, to, etc?

Mind you, this mail is being sent with Evolution, so YMMV.

I have Spamassassin 2.50 on my mail server. Normally I tell my mail
server (Exim) what to do with flagged spam.

Your mail has been scanned. I have a header for it:

If it had been spam, it would have the header:

AFAICS, you can make as many Imp filter rules as you wish, based on
"Other header", which is what any good MUA should be able to do.

However, if you are your own mailadmin, I'd say that you should have an
anti-spam policy and see to it that your mail server carries this out.

----

Should have said that this is CVS HEAD Imp, so the standard Imp might
not have it.

--------

Who is right, or am I misunderstanding something?  Is it possible to
filter by "Other header" currently in IMP HEAD/RELENG?  I'm looking to
install Spam Assassin on our system and want IMP to be able to use it
(currently running an older CVS version of IMP 3.2).

Thanks.

CU L8R...

Todd A. Aiken                  | This space can be yours, for just four

Systems Administrator          | easy payments of $39.95.  Plus, buy
Cole Computer Centre           | one half and get the 2nd half for 50%

BISHOP'S UNIVERSITY            | off the cost of the two together!
Lennoxville, Quebec, CANADA    | Call 1-800-4-RIPOFF today!