[horde] Turba/LDAP: Phantom Contact and Required Attributes

Brenda Bell k15a-list-horde at theotherbell.com
Fri Feb 7 14:00:46 PST 2003

I basically have Turba working with Horde 2.2.1 for two LDAP-based
address books.  However, I have one problem and one question.

1) When I list the entries in each of the LDAP address books, there
appears to be a phantom entry in each list that doesn't exist in LDAP.
 The Name column simply says [Edit] and the remaining columns are
blank.  If I click on [Edit], a blank form is displayed.  Of course,
if I try to Edit or Delete the phantom entry, I get an LDAP error
because it doesn't really exist.

I would appreciate some insight as to why this is happening.  It does
not happen with my Private Address Book.

2) The objectClass I use for one of my LDAP address books is
inetOrgPerson.  However, I had to tweak the LDAP driver to make sure
that the required sn attribute is set when a new contact is added.
What's the recommended way of configuring Turba and LDAP to avoid LDAP
errors for required attributes.  While modifying the driver took care
of the problem, I'd rather not have to do this.

--
Brenda