Answer to the question + Patch. was -> Re: [horde] _prefs_hook_from_addr(): inexistant index in $_SESSION

Florent AIDE faide at alphacent.com
Tue Feb 11 08:41:41 PST 2003

Ok,

I found a way out ;)

since $_SESSION seemed to be inaccessible from where I needed it I used the
Auth::GetAuth method and it worked...

I  attached a patch against horde/config/hooks.php.dist
( diff -B -u -U 3 old new) not on the repo on the file itself

it contains two (2) shiny new from_addr hooks which both work and both search
an ldap server for the righ email field.

Since the example presently in hooks.php.dist does not work we could replace
them with these.

My examples work against a Netware 5.1 nldap but I put instructions for
OpenLdap in comment.

The first one uses ldapsearch, it could serve to make system searches other
than ldap with little work from the reader...

The second one uses a PHP function to search ldap directly...

hope it helps.

Florent AIDE.