[horde] oci8 driver for Horde SessionHandler

Liam Hoekenga liamr at umich.edu
Sun Feb 16 12:49:00 PST 2003

Hey guys -

I've got a mostly working oci8 native drive for the session handler.  I submit
it in the next day or so..  There are still some things I'm trying to figure
out, however..

Why does the session get recreated (w/an empty "session_data") in the process of
logging out?  I thought that I'd done something wrong by using MySQL w/ the SQL
backend did the same thing, so I'm guessing it's supposed to do this.  (NOTE - I
couldn't get Oracle working w/ the SQL backend, and I couldn't get MySQL working
without it, so my only examples are my Oracle native driver and the SQL driver
talking to MySQL).

Data is getting written to my session cache on the server - I can see it get
updated... but even though I've got my logging cranked, I never see any "SQL
Query by Sessionhandler_oci8::write()" messages.  I know it's writing - I don't
have any session files on my server, and changes in my options persist across
sessions, and across browsers.

I also have yet to see the garbage collection invoked - I don't know if that's
working.  I see it sets a max lifetime in it's function of 6 minutes - if i want
to tune this down, I should alter the setting in php.ini file?

any suggestions / help would be most welcome
thx
Liam