[horde] oci8 driver for Horde SessionHandler

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Mon Feb 17 09:15:13 PST 2003

Quoting Liam Hoekenga <liamr at umich.edu>:

> Why does the session get recreated (w/an empty "session_data") in the
> process of logging out?

Because of the session_destroy() call we use to make sure the user's session
data isn't saved improperly.

> Data is getting written to my session cache on the server - I can see it
> get updated... but even though I've got my logging cranked, I never see
> any "SQL Query by Sessionhandler_oci8::write()" messages.  I know it's
> writing - I don't have any session files on my server, and changes in my
> options persist across sessions, and across browsers.

Can't say without looking at the code.

> I also have yet to see the garbage collection invoked - I don't know if
> that's working.  I see it sets a max lifetime in it's function of 6
> minutes - if i want to tune this down, I should alter the setting in
> php.ini file?

How many users are hitting this? You need to simulate a reasonable load to
get garbage collection called.

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck at horde.org>