[horde] Login (NOT)

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Mon Feb 17 21:35:31 PST 2003

Quoting startux webmaster <webmaster at startux.org>:

> Hi,
>
> I,ve just installed horde 2.2.1 and everything seems fine, but when i try to
> login, it fails and just gets me to the login boxes again with no error
> message.
> Just a notice saying
>
> Notice: Certificate failure for gamito-nb.dte.ua.pt: self signed certificate:
> /C=pt/ST=Aveiro/L=Campus Universit\xE1rio de
> Santiago/O=DTE/OU=LCD/CN=gamito-nb.dte.ua.pt/emailAddress=webmaster at dte.ua.pt
> (errflg=2) in Unknown on line 0
>
> which i don't even know if it is related to the problem above and i've
>  started apachectl start, not apachectl startssl
>
> My IMAP server is ok.

Yes, I'm sure it is.  But it is using a self-signed certificate.  So you
need to append /novalidate-cert to your protocol string (or maybe disable
ssl negotiation by appending /notls to your protocol string).

See the comments in horde/imp/config/servers.php for details on those
switches.

> // For IMAP, this is the server name, port, protocol, etc.
> $conf['auth']['params']['dsn'] = '{gamito-nb.dte.ua.pt:143/imap}INBOX';

Change that to {gamito-nb.dte.ua.pt:143/imap/novalidate-cert}INBOX or
{gamito-nb.dte.ua.pt:143/imap/notls}INBOX

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics

Why get even? Get odd!