[horde] an IMAP question about IMP

Marc Silver marc.silver at uk.easynet.net
Tue Feb 18 06:54:27 PST 2003

Hi there,

My apologies if this is in the wrong place, but I'd like to find out the
following:

Does IMP have to reauthenticate to an IMAP server for _EVERY_
transaction, or does it keep some sort of persistent connection to the
IMAP server?  That said, if it is 'persistent' what would happen if the
IMAP session timed out?

The reason I ask is that I'm seeing an interesting problem on a webmail
system with lots of users, and every now and then one of them will log
in and their inbox/folders will be missing, but if they log in again,
their content will re-appear.  Has anyone else had this?  The only thing
I can think of it related to IMAP, hence the question.

Any help would be appreciated,
Thanks,
Marc

--