[horde] INITIAL PLANS FOR NEW STATS MODULE

Hobbs, Richard hobbs at mongeese.co.uk
Wed Feb 19 08:10:59 PST 2003

Hello,

Now that we have kinda decided unofficially to adapt odin to meet our
needs instead of generating Epimetheus from scratch... i reckon we need a
game plan...

First of all... anyone who's interested, please sign up to the "odin"
mailing list, as all future traffic (from me at least) will be sent there.

Also... what is the current status with odin? i haven't had a chance to
look through the CVS yet, is there a version (albeit pre-alpha probably)
that can be installed? i remember a few people saying they had code
snippets on laptops etc. that may come in useful. what stage are these at?

the only reason i'm asking, is cos i haven't seen much traffic on this
recently. in fact, i've seen nothing on the odin alias... lol

Any ideas??

Cheers!!

Richard.

> Hello,
>     Right... we need some plans for this then... Please share your
> opinions on the following points:
>
>  - How to create it.
>
>    We can either create a new module from scratch (i will do the
>    initial work with the skeleton from the CVS).
>      OR
>    We can expand, improve and upgrade the already-existing "odin"
>    module to make it do everything we want.
>

>  - What to name it.
>
>    We currently have three suggestions:
>     -> "Epimetheus"
>     -> "Epi"        (Epimetheus truncated)
>     -> "odin"       (If we use the already-existing "odin" module)
>

> if anyone who's interested could share their opinions and suggestions on
> this, we can hopefully make a start.
>
> An "odin" mailing list has been created also, so we may want to
> communicate in there instead, so i suggest anyone interested in this new
> module subscribes to the odin list, to keep this separate from general
> Horde issues.
>
> Thanks,
> Richard.
>
> :-)
>
> --
> Richard Hobbs
> hobbs at mongeese.co.uk
> http://mongeese.co.uk | http://fishsponge.co.uk
>
> "There's only one way of life, and that's your own" - The Levellers

Richard Hobbs
hobbs at mongeese.co.uk

Send all your jokes to jokes at fishsponge.co.uk !!