[horde] how can I gain mcrypt and mcal support?

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Mon Feb 24 23:14:57 PST 2003

Quoting wang hu <kongyishi at hotmail.com>:

> Dear,
>    I have installed redhat 8.0 completely(fully installed),and then
> installed horde-2.2.1 using tar ball,when I typed
> http://example.com/horde/test.php,the page shows me that I have no mcal and
> mcrypt support.
> Now ,how can I gain mcal and mcrypt support?I am a linux newbie,can you tell
> me in detail?
> Thank you very much!

Unless you install kronolith (the Horde calendar application) you don't
need mcal support.  Even if you do install kronolith, you don't need
mcal, you can use either sql or mcal.

You don't need mcrypt at all, although it is nice to have.

RH 8.0 doesn't have either of these.  You would have to use another php
version, other than RedHat's.

I wouldn't worry about these, unless you are certain you need/want them.
If you really think you need them, then post again and I'll give you some
pointers.

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics