[horde] Required 'phptype' not specified in preferences configuration

Matt Hughes mhughes at inav.net
Tue Feb 25 11:03:15 PST 2003

Hi all.  Hopefully someone can help me with my problem here.  And please be
patient, I didn't set this up to start with and got thrown into the mix when
a sysadmin left.

I am running RH7.3 with Horde-2.1-3 and Imp-3.1.2.  That has worked
flawlessly for quite some time now.  We recently wanted to add Turba and
looking at the instructions, it did not seem all that difficult.  We got
PostgreSQL up and running except for a few problems.  One of those problems
reference /var/www/html/horde/turba/config/sources.php.

Not finding any obvious errors in the sources.php file, we made a backup of
it (sources.php.OLD) and copied the sources.php.dist file to sources.php.
Restarted psql and httpd. Didn't solve the problem.  So we copied
sources.php.OLD back to its proper place.  Restarted psql and httpd.  Now we
can't get into the thing at all.

We get prompted for our Username, Password, and Server.  I can tell Horde is
authenticating stuff because if I mistype a username, it'll come back as
invalid.  But as soon as you put in a valid username and password, the next
screen that greets us is:

A fatal error has occurred:

Required 'phptype' not specified in preferences configuration.

[line 80 of /var/www/html/horde/lib/Prefs/sql.php]

Details have been logged for the administrator.

Warning: Mailbox is empty (errflg=1) in Unknown on line 0

Checking the horde.log file pretty much repeats the same message. Line 80 in
the sql.php file is just the error message that it displays right above.
Every location that I can think of (/horde/config and /turba/config) has sql
or pgsql in what I believe is the proper location. I've checked through
Google and newsgroups to no avail.

I'm at a bit of a loss.  Anyone able to help or point me in the right
direction?  Much thanks in advance!

matt