[horde] Required 'phptype' not specified in preferences configuration

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Tue Feb 25 12:13:03 PST 2003

Quoting Matt Hughes <mhughes at inav.net>:

> Hi all.  Hopefully someone can help me with my problem here.  And please be
> patient, I didn't set this up to start with and got thrown into the mix when
> a sysadmin left.

No problem.

> A fatal error has occurred:
>
> Required 'phptype' not specified in preferences configuration.
>
> [line 80 of /var/www/html/horde/lib/Prefs/sql.php]
>
> Details have been logged for the administrator.

Edit your horde/config/horde.conf file and find the section for preference
sql setup.  Add all the appropriate settings for your database in the
$conf['prefs'] array. Something like:

$conf['prefs']['driver'] = 'sql';
$conf['prefs']['params'] = array();
$conf['prefs']['params']['phptype'] = 'pgsql';
$conf['prefs']['params']['hostspec'] = 'localhost';
$conf['prefs']['params']['username'] = 'horde';
$conf['prefs']['params']['password'] = '*****';
$conf['prefs']['params']['database'] = 'horde';
$conf['prefs']['params']['table'] = 'horde_prefs';

You may need to change some values (like password) of course.

Other things you may need/want to set are 'protocol' (unix if your database
is accessed via unix sockets, tcp if you access it via the tcp/ip network),
'socket' (the unix socket file if using unix protocol), and 'port' (the
tcp/ip port if using tcp protocol).  These may not be needed though.

The above error is from your preferences driver.  You may have similar
problems with other drivers/modules.  The solution is similar (just the
names of the arrays may change).

> Every location that I can think of (/horde/config and /turba/config) has sql
> or pgsql in what I believe is the proper location. I've checked through

You need to add some additional info is all.

Try searching/viewing the archives as listed at http://lists.horde.org/
or http://www.horde.org/mail/ (rather than, or in addition to, google).

--
Eric Rostetter