[horde] horde/imp authenticating....

Bill Dossett bd at emtex.com
Wed Feb 26 05:35:48 PST 2003

Hi,

I've fiddled around with this for a couple of weeks and am not
making any progress, so guess I'll ask for some help.

I have horde and imp installed under my web server.  I have
configured horde to use imp for authentication as per
the config files.

horde./imp is running on my mail server so imp/servers.php
has

$servers['imap'] = array(
     'name' => 'IMAP Server',
     'server' => 'localhost',
     'protocol' => 'imap',
     'port' => 143,
     'folders' => 'Mail/',
     'namespace' => '',
     'maildomain' => 'emtex.com',
     'smtphost' => 'localhost',
     'realm' => '',
     'preferred' => ''
);

imap works fine on my mail server.

Yet much as I try to login, I can't.  It
fails saying my userid or password are
probably wrong... they aren;t

I am using Redhat 8.0 Apache 2.0.40 and
horde 2.0

Any ideas on what I can  try next?  I have also
tried to get logging to work and had some trouble
with that, going to have a llook at that as well, but
if anyone has any ideas, I would really like to get
this running now as I had it on my old server and
it was excellent.

Thanks
Bill