[horde] logging....

Bill Dossett bd at emtex.com
Thu Mar 6 05:13:57 PST 2003

hmmm... trying to find another problem, I found that logging is not
working.

I have enabled logging in horde.php  (logging stanza of horde.php below)

/tmp/hord.log gets created, but has 0 bytes and nothing ever goes to
it....   it is owned by apache and writeable.. even changed the perms
to 777 just to make sure....  can't figure this one out and as I have
another
problem with the socket as posted earlier,  I thought the log might
give me more useful info...

Thanks

Bill

/**
  ** Horde Logging
  **/

// Should Horde log errors and other useful information?
$conf['log']['enabled'] = true;

// What log driver should we use? Valid values are 'file', 'mcal',
// 'sql', and 'syslog'.
$conf['log']['type'] = 'file';

// What is the name of the log? For the 'file' driver, this is the
// path to a text file; for mcal, it would be the name of a calendar,
// and for sql it would be the table name to use. For the 'syslog'
// driver it is the facility as a _constant_ (with no quotes), e.g.:
// ... = LOG_LOCAL0;
$conf['log']['name'] = '/tmp/horde.log';

// What level of messages should we log? The values are LOG_EMERG,
// LOG_ALERT, LOG_CRIT, LOG_ERR, LOG_WARNING, LOG_NOTICE, LOG_INFO,
// and LOG_DEBUG. Each level logs itself and all those that come
// before it: LOG_ALERT would only log alerts and emergencies, but
// LOG_DEBUG would log everything.
$conf['log']['priority'] = LOG_DEBUG;

// What identifier should we use in the logs?
$conf['log']['ident'] = 'HORDE';

// Any additonal configuration information, like an MCAL or database
// username and password.
$conf['log']['params'] = array();