[horde] PHP 4.3.1 and Horde

Lippai Gergo lipilee at lipilee.hu
Thu Mar 6 06:22:53 PST 2003

Hey guys,

I recently compiled the new PHP 4.3.1 and have problems using it with
Horde. I am located in Hungary, therefore use the iso-8859-2 charset,
but when I try to open my IMP or Horde or whatever Horde related stuff
it gives the following warning:
Warning: htmlspecialchars() [function.htmlspecialchars]: charset
`iso-8859-2' not
supported, assuming iso-8859-1
in /home/virtual/erc.hu/var/www/horde/imp/lib/MIME/Viewer/text.php on
line 41
The file names of course vary depending on what you open, and also, the
problem is not only with iso-8859-2: any charset different from 8859-1
gets me there. When you get this message like 50 times each page, it can
be pretty annoying and makes the page unusable :(   It is clear (or at
least very likely) that it is a ./configure mistake, but after a couple
of days reconfiguring I still don't know what I miss and at the end I
compiled all character set-related options in PHP.
So before pasting the whole ./configure command line does anyone have
any ideas on what I should compile in?
The thing of course works fine with the Debian packaged PHP 4.2.1 and I
also compiled everything in that is in the Debian version...
And also, if I set the default charset in lang.php to iso-8859-1, it
works fine, but that's not the ultimate solution I guess...
The system I'm on:
Debian Woody
Horde 2.1
IMP 3.1