[horde] horde/nag - where does it get socket....

Bill Dossett bd at emtex.com
Thu Mar 6 09:02:41 PST 2003

Thanks, Eric, now that I've got logging work, I am
finally sure that the myisql.sock is the problem....  but
I've got some more questions regarding this...  btw
I am using v2.0 of horde, sorry for not mentioning
it sooner...

first off, I have the correct path to my mysql.sock
in the /etc/php.ini   I thought that was supposed
to do the trick.. but even though I have it there
and it points to /home/mysql/mysql.sock  ....
horde is still looking in /var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock
??? I think that is pretty funky... where is it getting
that path from???  it's certainly not in any of the horde
files as I've grepped every directory for that path..

so, I'm happy to put the mysql.sock path in any
of the configs, but how?  I mean what's the syntax?
as there is no example of this and I've been googling
on nag horde mysql.sock all afternoon and can't find one...
I'm sure this would fix it, but I just don't know how to
put in in the horde/config/horde.php  and horde/nag/config/conf.php
as I don't know the syntax....

which brings up an intersting point to me anyway... does
imp use databases??  imp is working fine for me, and if it
does use a database, then .... why does it find the mysql.sock
and why doesn't nag?

Thanks, sorry for all the questions.. never have been a php
programmer so the source kind of looks like a blank wall with
doodles on it to me anyway...

Bill