[horde] working with VFS...

Liam Hoekenga liamr at umich.edu
Thu Mar 6 20:11:51 PST 2003

So, we're trying to do some stuff in the VFS File backend with gollem.
Stuff that probably should be handled completely within the backend,
but it looks like it's going to be difficult.

We're trying to add tilde expansion to gollem, but also to get relative
paths working again with "Change Directory".
It looks like we have two choices.  We can either check $_GET for the
current working directory, or we can put a conditional in the
application the gets triggered only for the "file" backend.

We think implimenting it completely in the VFS is probably the way to
go, but we'll need to get the cwd from $_GET.
And, we don't want to introduce a backend specific dependancy in the
general code.

Theory-wise, what's the proper way to approach this?

Liam