[horde] URL and session problems with mozilla

Thomas Spellman thomas at thosmos.com
Thu Mar 6 20:40:04 PST 2003

When I try to login to Horde CVS with mozilla 1.2.1 or galeon 1.2.7 on
debian linux, and both netscape 7 and IE 6 on windows, I get the session
id in the url, and no sessions or session cookies are stored by the
browser.  All URLs get tagged with the session id.  This would be ok
except for an error that writes some &s in URLs as &.  Cookies and
php sessions work with KDE Konqueror 3.1.0, and no URL mistakes are
made, as far as I can see.

The URL problem apparently happens in Horde::url().  I tried changing
the return of the function like so:

        //return ($full ? $url : htmlentities($url));
        return ($full ? $url : str_replace('&', '&',
htmlentities($url)));

This works for me and fixes all the URL rewriting problems, and doesn't
*seem* to cause any other problems, though I don't know why
htmlentities() was used.

Even with URL rewriting *working*, I still can't get horde sessions to
work with mozilla, galeon, netscape, and ie.  I haven't changed anything
else in the code and did a fresh cvs update.  Sessions work fine on the
test page and other of my php apps.

Sessionids appear in the URL when I have $conf['sessionhandler']['type']
= 'none';.  Enabling "sql" instead of "none" doesn't work at all with no
login page displayed.  I have the session_handler table setup in the db.
No records are inserted into it.  No log entry is written even with
$conf['log']['priority'] = LOG_DEBUG;, and I get no php error.  Apache
win32 actually crashes (with php4.3.1 as an apache module).

Thanks for any help.

Thomas