[horde] CVS updates to a TARBALL install

John Schneider john.schneider at daumcommercial.com
Fri Mar 7 18:19:16 PST 2003

I installed my horde, imp, vacation and turba from the TARBALL files quite a
while ago. I want to update them to the latest CVS versions. My reason for
doing this is so I can continue to update them without the manual work of
installing new versions and copying my personalized config settings from the
old files.

If I try to update the files in place now, CVS tells me 'there is no version
here, run CVS CHECKOUT first'. If I try to checkout over the existing
install CVS reports the files are 'in the way'.

Do I need to reinstall from CVS, then set all my settings again manually?
Or, is there a reasonably easy way to do this?

Sorry for this newbie question, I have been searching the net for the info,
but wasting a lot of time on a probably simple problem. Thanks again!!!

John Schneider