[horde] 3.0 CVS Left Menu

z33k666 at icqmail.com z33k666 at icqmail.com
Mon Mar 10 21:58:19 PST 2003

Quoting Eric Rostetter <eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu>:

> Quoting z33k666 at icqmail.com:
>
> > In the Admin/Config tool, there should be a way to disable Horde's (3.0
> CVS)
> > left bar after choosing an application.  Example, when IMP is chosen, the
> > Left Menu is no longer needed.
>
> I don't know about that -- sounds bad to me.  But I think there should be a
> way to disable it completely.  A lot of sites only install Horde/IMP,
> and direct their users directly to IMP (bypassing Horde all together), and
> in this case, the menu bar is (basically) useless.  I see this case (IMP
> only installation) as a valid reason to make the menu bar optional.
>
> > Is this my opinion only or does any one else think this as well?
>
> I partially agree, and partially disagree. ;)
>
> > Zeke
>
> --
> Eric Rostetter> The Department of Physics
> The University of Texas at Austin

Wow.  I opened a can of worms.  Just to be clear, I like the left bar while "in
Horde".  The Horde screen is used for summaries. I use several apps other than
IMP.  After selecting an app, I feel the Left bar is useless.  I just add the
HORDE icon to the app's menu.  Users can then go back to Horde by clicking the
icon.  I understand that the cool old menu is no longer usable due to the ever
expanding Horde apps and abilities.

Zeke