[horde] One more time... frame collapse test

Ryan Gallagher ryan at studiesabroad.com
Tue Mar 11 17:50:08 PST 2003

Quoting z33k666 at icqmail.com:

> Quoting "Michael C. Ibarra" <ibarra at hawk.com>:
>
> > Mozilla 1.3b > Linux
> > IE 6.0       > Windoze 98 (via Win4Lin)
> >
> > -mike
> >
> > Quoting eculp at encontacto.net:

> > > konqueror 3.0.4 works great
> > > mozilla 1.3b works great
> > > phoenix 0.5 works great
> > >
> > > Opera 6.0.3 does NOT work.  It ignores everything.
> > >
> > > all four with FreeBSD Current 5.0
> > >
> > > Safari on OSX 10.2.4 Works but the left column begins white with a blue
> > back-
> > > ground for the button and the right column is red.  After clicking on
> > > minimize
> > > the right column is white with the button on a blue background and the
> left
> > > column is red, where visible.
> > >
> > > ed

> Opera 7.02
> Build 2668
>
> Does NOT work.
>
> Zeke

Sorry for jumping in here, I've played with this frames collapse stuff before.
You will find that the behavior when you have frames one-deep is relatively
consistent.  But due to differences in the MS and Mozilla DOM it gets trickier
when you have a frame with sub-frames.

1) like the link you provided, two frames in a framset.
+----+-----------+
|    |           |
|    |           |  <--- works relatively well
|    |           |
+----+-----------+

2) also like the link you provided, but with a nested frameset.
+----+-----------+
|    |           |
|    |           |
|    +-----------+  <--- gets more complicated
|    |           |

I found that with #2 it was hard to correctly reference a frame in the inner
frameset in the dom.  But i didn't play with it that long ;-)

--
Ryan T. Gallagher
ryan at studiesabroad.com
International Studies Abroad