AW: [horde] Patches for virtual hosting with multiple themes perVH

Diego Rivera lrivera at racsa.co.cr
Tue Mar 11 20:51:34 PST 2003

I tried to find such hooks but I couldn't easily find them.  Thus I went
ahead with building this simple patch.  I MUCH prefer not running
patched code, for obvious reasons, so if you could direct me to these
hooks that would be great.

However, this is not just for IMP.  It also works for all other horde
apps that use css.php, and removes the need for them to have the
aforementioned hook stuff programmed in.

The reason I like this patch is that it requires virtually no
reconfiguration - just create a file with the appropriate name in the
appropriate location and you're set.  Also, a scheme like this could be
used to load config files allowing the use of multiple different
configuration files per V.H. for apps that don't support it (yet).

Bear in mind that the patch allows multiple l&f even within the same
domain: i.e. e-mail for finance.company.com is different from
management.company.com and from factory-floor.company.com.

Also, with this patch, you can have different looks per domain as well,
etc.

It could conceivably be modified and incorporated into the Horde class
as a call such as 'includeVirtualDomainFile( $app, $filename )'.  Using
this call, virtual domain support is totally transparent to the
applications.  I may be talking out my a$$ as I'm not 100% familiar with
the Horde framework, but it's my impression that something like this
does not exist.

Again, if there's a simpler way, please provide instructions as I would
much prefer to use that.

Best

--
Diego Rivera <lrivera at racsa.co.cr>