[horde] MailServer Configuration

Krishna Krishna_shekhar at gmx.net
Wed Mar 12 10:09:26 PST 2003

Hi,
        Finally I got a working MailServer with Horde/IMP cvs , IMAP with
sendmail,MailScanner(Trend Micro) and Spamassassin with a couple of other
horde modules.

Now , I have to use this for 10,000 users. I am planning to use a 120Gb HDD
with 512Mb RAM and AMD1.6Gb Processor.

I am thinking to use /var for 40Gb and 1Gb for swapfile.

Can anyone highlight on what partition scheme should I use for this capacity?
Is it OK that I authenticate users via passwd and shadow file? which might
cause too many home directories and a long passwd file???
I got everythiing working with this setup.

regards
Krishna
http://www.KrisinDigitalAge.com