[horde] full url

Chris Petersen lists at forevermore.net
Mon Mar 17 19:03:44 PST 2003

> The only way to "force" it is via your web server configuration.

guess I just don't know how to force it to forward all non-ssl
connections to ssl.

> That doesn't force ssl.  It simply means that full urls will be written
> as https: urls.

what's the point of this if nothing is ever written as a full URL?
Sounds like a waste of code if it's never used.

> Maybe.  But the only way to actually inforce this is at the web server
> level.  You can't enforce it in the code.

what do you mean "can't"?  I do this all the time in my code:

if not ssl then redirect to ssl url...

piece of cake.

> Note that it says right there it only applies to full URLs.
> How we generate full urls.  Never says anything about relative urls.

one would think that this should be rewritten so that if use_ssl is
enabled, and the user is viewing a non-ssl page, the program should
detect that and create a full URL that links to the ssl page.  An extra
"if" or two isn't going to slow down execution that much, and would make
use_ssl a heck of a lot more meaningful.

-Chris