[horde] Please Help...I'm at my wit's end!!!

root root at alpha.onlineeyecare.com
Wed Mar 19 13:55:03 PST 2003

Hey All,

First allow me to be upfront and tell you that I am not very experienced
in PHP or MySQL.

With that in mind, I have followed all directions in setting up Horde/IMP
and the Horde MySQL database.

I have opted to use the IMP login screen for logging in and not the Horde
login screen so that my users only login once.

I am using pop3:110 and pop3/ssl:995.  If I telnet to port 110, I can
check my mail by using the pop3 terminal commands.

I run the Imp/test.php script from the web, everything looks fine.  It
says Imp is running fine.  I'm running 3.2.1 Imp on Horde 2.2.1.

Here's the problem...On the test page, I've tried typing in the
domainname, the host.domainname, localhost, the physical ip, etc. Then,
I'd type in pop3 on port 110 and pop3/ssl on 995 with my username and
password.  The test.php returns Bool{false}.

I can't login to Imp/index.php because it says that my username and
password are incorrect.  I've tried logging in as a personal account, and
as root.

Again, I don't know much about this stuff...Am I suppose to link my
etc/passwd file to Horde somehow so that it knows the users?  Did I just
plain out miss something?  Any ideas/help are much appreciated!

Thank you,
Joshua Davis