[horde] PHP Fatal error

Rick Emery rick at emery.homelinux.net
Sat Mar 22 18:49:19 PST 2003

Quoting "Brent J. Nordquist" <bjn at horde.org>:

> On Mon, 10 Mar 2003, Rick Emery <rick at emery.homelinux.net> wrote:
>
> > Red Hat 7.3
> > apache 1.3.27-2
> > php 4.2.2 (from arvin's site)
>
> You might want to compare/contrast with the PHP 4.2.3 RPM available on the
> ftp.horde.org site; I would love to hear feedback.  I've tested it here on
> Red Hat 7.3 but not very extensively yet.

Worked like a champ. rpm -e to remove the old ones, rpm -ivh to install the new
ones. No dependency issues, and horde/test.php was very happy. I only had to
change php.ini (the pear include path strangely wasn't present) and httpd.conf
(index.php was missing from the DirectoryIndex).

I'm now running php 4.2.3 from the horde site. I just realized that SMTP through
horde isn't working anymore, though. I have a thread about it going on the IMP list.

I also turned php accelerator back on; it will be interesting to see if it works
now with the newer php.

Thanks,
Rick