[horde] horde/imp migration problems, cpu bound on solaris

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Wed Apr 9 15:25:06 PDT 2003

Quoting Vasilios Hoffman <vhoffman01 at wesleyan.edu>:

> So is this normal?  Is this the performance everybody else is getting?
> Should I be talking to the php folks, or is it something specific to the
> horde code?  Is there anything I can do to speed up the php processing?
> I looked at the php readme's,etc, and I've configured the pants off it
> and every other application involved and I don't think I missed anything
> obvious.

1 option - make sure you have mcrypt enabled in your PHP build. Another is
to install something like phpAccelerator or Zend Cache/Zend Performance
Suite. Those are my two quick suggestions; others will undoubtedly have
more.

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck at horde.org>
"... It is not more light we need, but more warmth! We die of cold, not of