[horde] The meaning of Horde

Adrian Gonzales adrian at clearspanmedia.com
Wed Apr 9 19:15:47 PDT 2003

The second and third question are answered... But as for the first... I
can only give insight.

First of off,
Horde: hôrd, A large group or crowd. Seeing as how horde is a framework
for a larger group of applications... This makes sense.

Mnemo:
Mnemo is a play on mnemonic; which means: Relating to, assisting, or
intended to assist the memory. Again... Makes sense...

Kronolith:
Kronos is time in greek I think. Soo... Since Kronolith handles time
related things...

Nag:
It just makes sense.

As for the rest... They look smart... As for how they apply to the
applications... I dunno...
Hermes:
The Greek god of commerce, invention, cunning, and theft, who also
served as messenger, scribe, and herald for the other gods. Speak of a
time tracking program? I dunno...

Turba:
Has something to do with alchemy

Gollem:
In Jewish folklore, an artificially created human supernaturally endowed
with life. It was supposed to kill the nazis... Well... They wanted it
to come and do that. But its misspelled... Its supposed to have one L.
That is assuming that’s what the horde guys were talking about.

Chora:
Another greek reference... I forgot about what though.

I think ill stop there...

-adrian-