[horde] horde/imp migration problems, cpu bound on solaris

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Thu Apr 10 14:04:10 PDT 2003

Quoting Vasilios Hoffman <vhoffman01 at wesleyan.edu>:

> The 2 big, bad guys are IMP::flistSelect done here (with my code stuck
> in, ~2.6 seconds):

If you set your folder prefix wrong ('folders' parameter in
imp/config/servers.php) it will index the whole account, or the whole
system, rather than the user's folders, and result in slow load times.

Either check what folders it is listing to make sure they are right,
or post your servers.php info and imap software so we can check it.

May not be a problem there, but it is the first thing I would check
given your description.

> and the "requires of .inc" which are from where I marked "other stuff" to
> where I marked "done with requires of .inc" (~1.75 seconds):

Including files is apparently a big hit, so Chuck has been reducing the
number of includes recently.  But they should not be such a major hit
as you imply, IMHO.

> if (!empty($conf['hooks']['quota']) &&
> function_exists($conf['hooks']['quota'])) {
>     echo call_user_func($conf['hooks']['quota'], $imp);
> }

Any chance it is trying to use this hook?  Displaying quota info
would be a performance hit.

> I'm going to dig around and see what's holding those up.  If you folks,
> who are more familiar with the code, gather any bright ideas from this...
> please let me know.

Ideas, but they don't seem so bright ;)

--
Eric Rostetter