[horde] The meaning of Horde

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Fri Apr 11 08:15:34 PDT 2003

Quoting Paul Cooper <pgc at ucecom.com>:

> Gollem (aka Smeagol) is a Tolkien character from the Hobbit and Lord of
> the Rings triology. He is the poor unfortunate creature who happens upon
> the Ring, uses it to mug unsuspecting travellers, loses it to Bilbo
> Baggins, attempts to steal it back from Frodo, and.... (don't want to
> spoil it for anyone reading the books / waiting for the next film :)
>
> Not sure what this has to do with the application though

Gollum (in Tolkien) became Gollem (for us, to avoid any weird copyright
issues, etc.). There was something about him wanting things, and that going
along with a file manager, but it doesn't seem so clear now. :)

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck at horde.org>
"... It is not more light we need, but more warmth! We die of cold, not of