[horde] Admin or lack of it

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Fri Apr 18 17:22:39 PDT 2003

Quoting Kevin Angus <kangus at acats.com>:

> I've read the list and can not find/figure out why my admin isn't working,
> $conf['auth']['admins'] = array('horde','somepassword');

The array only holds the username, not the password.  The account must already
exist and be a valid horde login.  Adding the proper user login id to the
array makes it an admin account.  So you want something like one of:

$conf['auth']['admins'] = array('horde');

or

$conf['auth']['admins'] = array('horde at domain');

The second for is needed if your logins are fully qualified either because
you use IMP logins with a realm specified, or you login with a fully
qualified name at the login screen.

> I have a user in the database called horde and can login to horde as
> horde/password, the other modules are not functional as I need to get into
> horde to set them up, I guess

Yes.  Adding the username (in appropriate format) should make that login
an admin login.

> Where should I see the link to the admin functions?

On the horde summary page.

> I just grabbed the latest version from cvs, how do you tell what the version
> number is of the files downloaded from cvs?

Look at lib/version.php for each module.  I think the test.php file
will also show the versions.

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics