[horde] HOW DO I UPGRADE HORDE?

Brent J. Nordquist bjn at horde.org
Fri Apr 25 16:24:12 PDT 2003

On Fri, 25 Apr 2003, Garey Mills <gmills at library.berkeley.edu> wrote:

> I have Horde 2.0 installed and I want to move to the latest 2.2.3 (and
> by the way, on horde.org's ftp site, horde-latest.tar.gz is not the same
> version as 2.2.3).

Oo!  Good catch; fixed.  That was my fault; forgot to update it when I put
Michael's .tar.gz files in place.

> Do I just do this by expanding this version over the directory of the
> old horde?

Yes, or with patch files.  Details:

http://www.horde.org/faq/admin/install/index.php#i8

Basically back it all up of course :-), extract the new version or use
patches (but see note in FAQ about images), then update your configuration
files and do any database schema updates required.

--
Brent J. Nordquist <bjn at horde.org> N0BJN
Other contact information: http://www.nordist.net/contact.html