[horde] Installing Horde - PEAR Problems

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at bigworm.colorado.edu
Sun May 4 22:12:48 PDT 2003

Quoting Ben Lake <ben.lake at archose.com>:

| Unknown error: main() [function.main]: Failed opening
| 'Mail/mimeDecode.php' for inclusion
| (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php:/www/phpincludes')
| (/www/htdocs/horde/test.php:194)

This was a mistake in test.php (we were still checking for
Mail/mimeDecode.php even though Horde 2.x doesn't need it) which I have
fixed in CVS.

| Now I'm not yet worried about the unknown error, I am more interested as
| to why it thinks 'Log' is not installed when it is. A quick %pear list
| says Log is there! I even did a rm -R on the PEAR directory, confirmed
| that test.php should explode because no PEAR, and re-installed PEAR
| again with 'Log'. Etc. but it refuses to see it! What the heck is going
| on? The same thing is happening with HTML_Common and HTML_Select (a.k.a.
| HTML_Select_Common) and I don't see a 'Date_Calc' when I do a %pear
| list-all... sigh

Sounds like your the include path for PEAR is not correct.  Check php.ini.
You can click on the phpinfo() link off the test.php page to obtain the
PEAR search path your webserver is using.

michael