[horde] file based verses sql based sessionhandler in horde

imp imp at xtremedev.com
Wed May 14 03:36:12 PDT 2003

Hello,

  I want to first apologize for the emails I sent yesturday, I was
  having a pretty bad day, and with the webmail down it wasn't a very
  good end either. I just want to say that IMP is by far the best/most
  professional webmail program I have come across and used.

  I have the system back up now, with a lot of trial and error. But now
  I've ran into some problems/questions:

  1. After setting up IMP with Horde, I can't seem to log into IMP
     unless I have my sessionhandler set to none (which is just the
     default php file-based session handler)

       $conf['sessionhandler']['type'] = 'none';

     I tried setting it to sql (yes, I loaded pgsql_sessionhandler.sql from
     horde/scripts/db), but it always kicks me back out with a "Your Mail
     session has expired. Please login again." on any IMP login attempt.

     I checked to make sure the appropriate permissions were granted by
     the script, and indeed they are. SELECT * FROM
     horde_sessionhandler; returns some very long rows, so they appear
     to be added, hopefully correctly. Is there something I can do to
     help figure out why file based session handler works, yet sql
     session handler doesn't? The backend is a postgresql db server. IMP
     preferences and everything else is also using sql, and it is saving
     everything ok. Just NOT the session handler.

  2. When using the Horde menu frame set, the upper left corner is an
     empty (lighter) blue box. I would like to put something in there if
     I can. What file would I edit to do so? Ie., a company logo.

  3. When I set the log priority to LOG_DEBUG, it started crashing
     Apache!

       $conf['log']['priority'] = LOG_DEBUG;

     My Apache 1.3.27+mod_php4-4.3.1 on FreeBSD 4.8-STABLE would
     segfault with a sig11 with the above line set. For any other log
     priority, LOG_INFO for example, it would not crash Apache. I did
     notice, that it only does it with the sessionhandler set to 'sql'.
     Perhaps issue 1 and this is related?

     LOG_DEBUG + sessionhandler 'sql' =
          /kernel: pid 10816 (httpd), uid 80: exited on signal 11

     How would I go about debuging this? and finding out what is causing
     Apache to sig11? (trying to find the core file, if it made one,
     right now...)

  Just these three issues I thought I'd see if anyone might have a
  solution. And again, my apologies for the nasty emails I sent
  yesturday. Thank you.